Tendering in Focus: Ireland 2023 Rugby World Cup Bid Launched
With much pomp and ceremony Ireland has launched its bid to host the 2023 Rugby World Cup. The bid is promoted through an impressive website that, in good tender writing practice, emphasises strong benefits in awarding the Rugby World Cup to Ireland. These include:
- much emphasis on the Irish fans and the undoubted warm welcome of the international rugby community.
- the importance of the 70 million strong Irish diaspora in spreading interest in the tournament.
- a platform, building on existing strong relationships, to grow interest in rugby and the World Cup across North America.
- strong commercial focus and anticipated full houses across stadia.
- the commitment of the governments of Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Modern venues throughout the island including from the Kingspan Stadium in Northern Ireland to the Fitzgerald Stadium in the Republic of Ireland’s south western tip.
- Links with communities.
- A Final at Croke Park; the third largest stadium in Europe.
- The strength of legacy for future generations of rugby players and supporters.
The final message of the Ireland 2023 Rugby World Cup bid also draws powerfully from the past: “More than 25 years after Nelson Mandela presented the Webb Ellis trophy in Johannesburg, Ireland can offer a timely reminder of sport’s unique power to bring people together. The values and potential of Rugby will shine again for a watching world.”
Want to learn how to develop powerful bids and tenders for your business? Click here to find out.